No matter how many times you may brush and floss, getting that perfect smile may not always be achieved. Teeth can age over time just as our bodies do. They can become stained, chipped, crack and even fall out unintentionally. But having a less than perfect smile is far from being obtainable. Receiving Cosmetic Dentistry in Loop can help you to achieve the perfect smile.
So what is cosmetic dentistry? Cosmetic Dentistry refers to improving the appearance of teeth and gums by focusing primarily on aesthetic color, shape size and overall smile through dental procedures. There are five types of cosmetic dentistry procedures. These include:
- Inlays and Onlays: A type filling used when there has been a small amount of decay to the tooth that does not have the proper support to hold a regular filling. It is developed in a dental lab and attached to the tooth with dental cement.
- Composite Bonding: A cover placed on top of a damaged tooth that looks like a healthy tooth. It is typically used for patients with cracked, decayed, chipped or teeth with worn down edges.
- Veneers: A material placed in front of a tooth to resemble a healthy tooth. Used to help lessen the appearance of gaps, or crooked teeth and to cover cracked or chipped teeth.
- Whitening: A coating placed on the tooth to lighten the shade of the tooth one to three shades lighter. Can be done in the office but also at home with self-whitening kits and whitening toothpaste. Used when teeth become stained from coffee, and other dark drinks, or food. Also used when poor brushing has caused a lot of plaque and tartar.
- Implants: Used to replace teeth after a tooth(s) has been extracted or fallen out after they have grown in permanently. Looks like a real tooth and should be treated as one especially during the implantation process.
Finding a dentist who specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry in Loop such as Windy City Family Dental, is going to be the most beneficial for your needs. They will know the best procedures to take to get the smile of your dreams. It is best to ask for referrals, see before and after pictures and attend many consultations so that all your needs may be met. Once the right dental practice has been chosen, the next step is receiving the perfect smile!