What are the advantages of a dental implant and how does this type of dental surgery in Nassau County, NY work? The dental implant is rightly considered the “royalty” of modern dentistry when it comes to replacing teeth. Compared to alternative options – crowns, bridges, or dentures – the implant has significant advantages, both from the dentist and the patient.
Dental implant characterizations
From a dental point of view, dental implants are characterized by the following aspects:
• Protection against a reduction of the jawbone, meaning the load of the artificial tooth root preserves the bone
• The possibility of closing individual tooth spaces without the interference of adjacent natural teeth
• The possibility of closing larger gaps in the teeth which are unsuitable for bridges
• A possibility of completing shortened rows of teeth (without potential bridge pillars
• The possibility of reconstructing completely edentulous jaws (in a combination of 6-8 implants and bridges)
From the patient’s point of view, the following advantages for dental implants are mentioned:
• Implants may provide a deceptively “real” look with no visible difference to their natural teeth
• Natural chewing, laughter, and speech (after the healing period, the implant can be loaded just like a natural tooth, no wobbling and slipping, no fear of falling out of the prosthesis, etc.)
• Longevity of the implant
What are the disadvantages of a dental implant?
There is a saying: “there is no rose without thorns” – and from dental surgery in Nassau County, NY point of view, there is hardly a procedure that would have only advantages and not a single disadvantage. This also applies to dental implants and so the next few paragraphs list the adverse aspects of the procedure. This will help people make a well-informed decision:
Dental implants are more expensive than other forms of tooth replacement options. This is due, on the one hand, to its sophisticated construction. On the other, the need to have surgery.
The consideration of whether the placement of an implant is worth its price, every person must decide. The lifetime of the implant, as well as the functional and optical advantage, play a role here: the more visible the gap to be closed and the more important the individual external effect, the more often the decision is in favor of installing an implant. Contact Business Name for more details.